Want to change the world? At betterplace.org, we do. For real.
Do you believe in making a difference? Each of the 35,000 NGOs on betterplace.org does. As Germany’s leading donation platform, we bring NGOs together with the people who help them turn their projects into reality, through their donations.
Do you want to have an impact? Help real people instead of shareholders? Create your own space instead of having it designed for you? If yes, we might just be the place for you! As Betterplace is expanding, we are growing our Product Domain Teams: right now, we are looking for great people to join our Product Engineering teams.
Front end Developer (react, typescript)
Start as soon as possible / 32-40 hours per week / office in Berlin-Kreuzberg + remote
We’re looking for experienced front end developers, with react and typescript experience. You will be part of our Product engineering teams that work on the betterplace.org and betterplace.me platforms.
You will be working with your scrum team, product owners, UX and different stakeholders to develop and improve betterplace.org’s platforms. You’ll implement new user-facing features and make decisions about the future architecture of betterplace. Part of your job will be to share your experience and coach other members of the team. Another part will be to help the team stay focused and on track.
Ruby on Rails, RSpec, React.js, Typescript, REST, GraphQL, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Semaphore CI, Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Build, Cloud Storage, Kubernetes Engine).
Ideally you have:
- three years experience with design, implementation and maintenance of reusable decoupled UI components for platforms, single page applications and monolithic applications
- three years experience implementing with best practice design principles, react.js reusable components, design systems and good experience of typescript is a bonus
- good understanding of object-oriented and functional programming promoting clean code
- experience with mobile first and responsive design across a variety of browsers and devices
- experience with automated front-end, unit and integration testing
- awareness of accessibility, usability and current web standards
- effective communication to achieve consensus with peers, in English (at least level B1, or above). Knowledge of German is a bonus
- authorization to work in the European Union
- a fantastic meaningful engineering culture with teams working on products and platforms that actually help people.
- 20 days R&D per year for experimentation with new technologies
- the possibility to learn, teach and grow professionally
- 100% remote option to work from any EU country (or work in our Berlin office)
- family-first and flexible arrangements are available and are part of our culture
- all the other perks you get from working at betterplace
Some side facts:
Language: We are transitioning to English as a language in the teams, and english will be your working language within the product engineering teams. However, German is still used in many places outside the product engineering teams and a little German can be helpful. We will assist with language courses if needed.
Freelancers: You’re welcome to send your portfolio/CV, but we’ll only reply if we actually have some need. We have no need for outsourcing teams at this time.
You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any picture of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you apply.
What’s important to us:
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and People of Colour.