Join the challenge: we grow together!
The role and impact you'll have:
Getsafe is working on building the radically best insurance for first-time insurance buyers through technology and a great customer experience. We have 150.000 (and growing) happy customers using our app and services. We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our growing engineering team to work on cutting edge infrastructure and APIs that need to be highly performant and deal with the complex domain of insurance problems.
You will work in a cross functional team together with product and data to conceptualize and develop new features for our product and platform. Work smarter, not harder. Build solutions that enable us to move faster as we scale and not build 1-offs. Iterate quickly towards the best solutions for our customers and business. Write high quality code and improve our overall technical system and architecture to scale with our growing portfolio of insurance products and countries that we’re available in. Take ownership and be a leader in the team of best practices and push our technology forward along with supporting more junior members of the team.
Technologies you'll work with:
- Distributed architecture of 8+ independent RESTful services
- Ruby on Rails (if you don’t already work with it, you can learn it on the job)
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Sidekiq, Redis
- Heroku and AWS
- Open sourced Ruby gems as part of regular work
4+ years experience in backend development working on complex systems Experience writing robust, scalable, maintainable HTTP and RESTful APIs. Previous experience with Ruby is a plus, but not a must Experience with relational databases Responsibility for high-quality and reliable code along with knowledge of how to test it You have the ability to distil a complex problem into its essential elements, and clearly communicate your vision to the team
You can look forward to:
- A fast and value-oriented company with flat hierarchies and helpful colleagues
- A positive, focused, appreciative, and goal-oriented atmosphere. Our working environment is our heart and soul
- Getsafe is shaped by each and every one of us. We are a close-knit team and host after work events
- A competitive remuneration package with trust-based working hours as well as sustainable career and development opportunities. We invest in your growth! Support for relocation, work permits, and other administrative procedures as well as free German classes, if needed
- Modern and spacious rooms kitted out with the best equipment offer you all the possibilities to work freely. We have comfortable couches & community areas – what do you feel like doing today?