POP UP SHOPS is a leading online-marketplace for short-term retail space. To initiate the next growth spurt, we are looking for an experienced
Senior Full-Stack Ruby on Rails developer
to take the lead in frontend development.
We are a Zurich-based startup company, busy writing a solid and scalable platform to meet our customer‘s growing needs. We are looking for an extremely reliable and sharp coder who is ready to tackle new challenges in an „all hands on deck“ environment.
In this role you will be responsible for writing high-quality code, ranging from customer-facing front ends to backend integrations with third-party software systems. As an early member of our team, you will also have to contribute to the continuous optimization of our internal communication- and DevOps- processes.
- Develop solid, well-documented and tested code based on Ruby-on-Rails
- Take the leading role in frontend development and optimization
- Review the work of your colleagues
- Continuous code-refactoring to make things more stable and efficient
- Contribute to the planning and realisation of projects
- As a true team player, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
- Depending on interests and skills also other tasks in the IT-area
- You have a university degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- You have 5+ years of proven professional Ruby on Rails and web development experience
- You live and breathe „TDD“ and „Agile“
- You have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You always consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, code maintenance, implementation time, security breaches, and performance.
- You enjoy solving complex problems by considering multiple solutions, weighing them, and deciding on the best course of action.
- You thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.
- You are a strong communicator with perfect command of the English language (German is a plus)
- You are an open-minded, team-oriented personality
- You are reliable, have good discipline and self-management skills
- You are willing and able to work independently and find your own solutions for new problems
- You want to contribute your knowhow to a large project and further develop your skills
Bonus Points for:
- Skills in UX/UI design
- Jira, Github, Vagrant, SASS, Selenium, Ubuntu, AWS, Opsworks, Chef, ...
- Other programming or scripting languages
- Expertise in DevOps- / SysAdmin- areas
- Experience with requirements engineering or product ownership
- A sense of humor in hectic times
- Remote work (optionally a desk in our office in Zurich)
- Base salary depending on the level of experience and the location of the company.
- Stock options
- Agile software development with very short release cycles
- State-of-the-art dev environment
- Challenging and exciting work in an international team