Our partner is a SaaS platform that addresses all the digital needs of independent hoteliers and vacation rental owners. Their solution allows owners to manage all digital aspects of their properties (website, sales, client management, etc.).
Their Core Mission: Playing a crucial role in the future of the hospitality industry.
Their Tech Stack: Ruby on Rails, HTML & CSS, Postgres and Redis, Heroku
As a FullStack Software Developer, you join a tech team of 4 people managed by the Lead Developer. Together you contribute to developing the next set of innovative features for the company's hoteliers.
On a daily basis, you build a scalable, reliable, and high-performance service and develop outstanding customer-facing features.
Your Challenges in Detail
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack
- Work on the app performance to make the navigation easier and faster
- Build end-to-end features, from back to front end
- Discuss, question, challenge, and offer technical solutions to product needs alongside the Product and Design Teams
- Understand and transform customer needs in cooperation with the Product Team
- Help the rest of the team acquire knowledge and improve their own skills: peer programming & mentorship
Develop processes within the tech team: code review, coding guidelines, testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Language skills to communicate: fluent level in English
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- A good vision on both front-end and back-end challenges and specs (focus on back end)
- You prefer working for a company from being a freelancer
- Proactive, curious, hands-on mentality
- Adaptable - your challenges change daily and you need to be able to keep with the pace!
- Product & delivery driven: you understand the challenges of our users and the business needs, as well as the impact of your work on sales results
- Passion for simple, maintainable code that balances pragmatism and readability
- Strong communication skills to work with the team and other stakeholders
- Resourceful, independent, and motivated – you have a high level of autonomy
- Great team player - transparent, collaborative attitude
- You know how to work under pressure!
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
- Knowledge of the hospitality sector
- Experience with a JS framework
- French and/or Italian language skills
To sum it up: You are an outgoing personality with solid Computer Science knowledge.
What You Get
- Amazing working environment, where you will be able to make a true contribution and get your voice heard
- The opportunity to have a huge impact on developing a fast-growing business that is at a pivotal point in its growth
- Plenty of career and development opportunities
- Possibility to start working remotely if you can't move to Barcelona immediately