Our Mission: „Enabling brands to interact with people in the real world.”
The tech team at store2be
As part of the tech team you will work on a product suite of services and web applications that shape the Live Marketing industry. You will work closely together with our product team to enhance the existing services and products and create new ones. We are a passionate tech team with an international background. We constantly try to get better at what we do and grow together as a team. We spend our days building the products our customers want. We like discussing music, memes and the universe, and we absolutely love coffee and animals, especially dogs! Is this what you're looking for? Then become part of the tech team at store2be!
Earliest start date: Right away. Location: Berlin, remote possible (EU)*.
You can find out more about the tech team of store2be and our values here: https://tech.store2be.com
We are open to remote work. One of our engineers is working remotely from Italy and one of our product managers is working from home most of the time. Other engineers are remote from time to time as well. Our requirement for a remote position is to work within our core working hours from 10am to 5pm CE(S)T in the EU. For onboarding, we would invite you to cometo Berlin for 4 weeks with accommodation provided by us so that we get to know each other and a smooth cooperation becomes possible.
Backend engineering at store2be
Our 10-strong platform team consists of product managers, designers, a QA engineer, as well as frontend, backend and full stack developers, all with a diverse international background. You will join our platform team to support the backend team as a senior engineer. This means you will work on our different backend apps and provide guidance for the rest of the backend team. We are still a relatively small team so you will have the opportunity to shape where we are going technologically and how we work.
We develop in cycles (the folks from Basecamp have a great writeup about it): https://basecamp.com/shapeup
Check out our tech radar for a bird’s eye view of our stack: https://tech.store2be.com/tech-radar/
- Grow together and be supportive
- Be open and experiment
- Strive for quality
- Perfect the workflow
- Have fun at work!
You can read more about them here: https://tech.store2be.com/values/
- You implement backend features across all our server side applications using Ruby
- You ensure the right balance between development speed and technical debt
- You provide mentoring to backend engineers
- You specify new features together with product management
- You partner up with our Product Owners to influence the product strategy and drive our IT roadmap
- You review code and appreciate your code being reviewed
- You shape the way we work and the technology we use
- You hold teammates to a high quality standard and continuously think about things that can be improved. You advocate continuous learning for yourself and the team by sharing knowledge, coaching and training
- You work with the frontend team to build the best possible APIs to power our
Your ideal profile
- 5+ years professional work experience in software development and/or at least 3+ years in developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Production experience with PostgreSQL
- Strong sense of writing clean, performant, secure and documented code
- Strong knowledge of testing and continuous integration
- You work on Linux or Mac OS X
- You have to be fluent in English
- These technologies are a plus: GraphQL, Rust, NodeJS/TypeScript, Docker/Kubernetes and Terraform
- Mentoring experience with junior developers are appreciated
All our backend and frontend services are running on a managed Kubernetes cluster in GCP. Our CI/CD pipeline on CircleCI and Google Cloud Build manages testing, linting, Docker image creation and automatic staging deployments of our applications for us.
- Home office and flexible working hours are possible
- Free cereals and fruit for the best possible level of energy throughout the day
- Regular team events and office breakfasts
- Free gym membership; John Reed / McFit / Level5 or Urban Sports Club membership