WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT?
Help us to PLUG IN THE WORLD together and provide clean and affordable electricity to a billion underserved in the global South! Mobisol has developed a B2B software platform that enables local businesses to start and scale in rural off-grid markets. Through the use of this software more than 250.000 households have gained access to solar powered electricity already.
Pick your challenges: Help us modularize and split up a Rails monolith (ca. 140 models), implement architectural patterns, (re-)engineer our view-layer framework, do message queues with Kafka, design our APIs to be RESTful and fast, or build interfaces for data analysis...
...either way - you will put your fingerprint on the platform that drives Mobisol to deliver the best service and products to our rural customers in Africa.
Together with our international Software Development Team you...
- push our product further - develop new features together with stakeholders across all Mobisol departments and sites
- upgrade our existing software - re-design and refactor existing software infrastructure to meet new business or performance requirements
- are a key player in our team - take an active part in the development team's processes
- hold the strings together - implement interfaces with external and mobile software infrastructure
What is waiting for you?
- Ruby 2.4+, Rails 5 and 4.1 w/ ActiveAdmin, Grape
- MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- SOA around the middleware using Kafka
- Monolith around the frontend which is in the process of modularization
- Frontend: HAML, SASS, vue.js and Angular with regular JS
- Dedicated team of around 15 dedicated and impact driven software engineers
- An African company with a Berlin based tech branch - one of the most exciting and fulfilling working environments that you can expect in Berlin
- no bullshit work, but impact and solutions for real problems
What do we expect from you?
- self-driven and highly motivated team players who want to change things for good
- a people and tech-friendly mindset
- the willingness to think out of the box to find solutions that work in difficult environments