Since day one, Freeletics has been driven by the vision of helping everyone in the world, no matter their background, to become the greatest version of themselves, both physically and mentally. With over 33 million users today and rapidly growing, we build products that enhance peoples lives through physical exercise and nutritional health. By combining health science, machine learning, and behaviour change we are building a unique company in the health and fitness space.
To fulfil that, we are looking for a product driven Senior Ruby Developer to join our current 7 Ruby developers, and work in a cross functional agile team setup consisting of Android developers, iOS developers, designers, product managers, researchers and scrum masters. As a Senior Ruby developer you own a vital element of our system. You drive the implementation of features of different complexities and ensure they contribute to a great user experience. You bring a strong opinion to the table and are excited to get involved with product planning. Also, you enjoy sharing knowledge and foster a collaborative environment to make an impact.
- Actively contribute to architecture solutions or best practices
- Identify performance bottlenecks, challenge opinions and propose solutions, including the development of caching strategies and proof-of-concepts for new architecture solutions
- Ship code to million of users
- Develop and implement unit testing strategy to drive code quality
- Work with the DevOps team on automated deployment and monitoring using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Share knowledge with the team and help whenever a team member tackles a problem.
- Experience building web applications that are serving APIs
- Experience in developing applications using Ruby, and Rails frameworks
- Very good communication skills and comfortable working in an agile, cross-functional, and autonomous team environment
- Experienced using Github as a collaboration tool with an engineering team
- Experience in testing methodologies, e.g. RSpec or any other approach
- Exposure to cloud services (ideally AWS), and infrastructure as code tool, e.g. Terraform
- Hands-on approach with CI/CD
- Advocate for clean and performance-driven code
- Team player, strong collaborator and happy sharing knowledge with the engineering team
- Competitive salary and pension, with regular compensation reviews
- MacBook Pro and your choice of other hardware
- Team events (offsite, lunches, conferences, and more)
- Conference, education, and book budget
- Company events (hiking, Octoberfest, holiday party, and more)
- Bi-annual in-house hackathons
- Childcare and transportation allowance
- Free food and drinks in a fully equipped kitchen
- World-wide accident insurance
- Training space, yoga, lockers, showers, and laundry service
- 27 vacation days and 13 public holidays
- Home office policy
- The option to take a sabbatical after your second year
- Relocation allowance