At Offerista we are creating the shopping world of the future! Our shopping and product guides barcoo and Marktjagd have already been installed on 19 million smartphones and we still have a lot more cool features planned. Our company is growing rapidly so we are looking for you! Become part of our team as
Working Student Ruby on Rails Development (f/m)
> Your team:
As a Working Student in the Offerista product development team, you work with 10 international colleagues from Backend, DevOps, Native apps (iOS & Android) as well as QA, Design and Product Management.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding for backend development processes. We don’t expect you to be an expert yet though and gladly take our time to fully integrate you into our full dev process to maximize your learning during pair programming. Together with the rest of the team you build upon our backend services to continuously improve our app features to make daily shopping more fun for our millions of users. We are looking for a quick learner who is not afraid to try out new approaches.
> Your Mission:
- You are involved in the overall architecture planning of our backend services (Ruby-on-Rails REST API with some Node.js microservices) for the mobile apps barcoo and Marktjagd.
- You implement features in a pair programming (or individual – whichever you prefer) setup.
- You ensure that the deployed features run smoothly on our AWS infrastructure.
- You work with senior developers on new features and share your experience with other developers in sparring as well as code reviews.
- You work closely with Ruby on rails (5.2), AWS, Ansible, Terraform, and Docker.
> You are the perfect fit for us, if…
- you are an enrolled student, preferably in a technical subject e.g. Computer Science.
- you are skilled in a modern programming language.
- you have gained some experience with Ruby on Rails (no matter whether professionally or in a private side project).
- you have a solution focused attitude and are interested in modern software architecture.
- you are a team player and able to both bring up your own ideas as well as to listen to those of others.
- you are not afraid to make mistakes and willing to learn from them, continually growing yourself.
- you speak English on a proficient level.
Our benefits for you
- We support your professional and personal enhancement, e.g. with the participation at conferences, internal speeches, our library…
- With all colleagues we celebrate a summer party and a christmas party as well as regular small team events and a family christmas party.
- Your physical well-being is our mission: Whether it is coffee, tea or fresh fruits…enjoy!
- We keep your future in mind and provide a subsidy to your company pension scheme.
- Ergonomic workstations – whether you prefer a high table or an ergonomic stool – we invest in your health!
- The after-work-beer is on us: Join us for a relaxed end of the working day.
Apply alternatively via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.