MES is looking for a full-stack developer (m/f) to join our SlideSync development team. Together with other developers, you will conceive and realize new features and help maintain SlideSync, our flagship live streaming platform built on Ruby on Rails.
We’re a team of 15 and growing, split into two locations; development and operations is in Berlin, and sales / professional services is headquartered in Wetzlar, Hessen. Be sure to give our product a spin to see what we’ve built so far – it’s free to try at https://slidesync.com.
Here’s what we are looking for in a candidate:
- A talented engineer with a focus on frontend, an eye for design and usability, and the ability to take on the occasional backend development task.
- Basic knowledge of backend development, including experience with MVC frameworks and command line operations.
- A team player. Self directed, with the ability to identify, communicate, and solve issues as part of a team. Involvement in open source, github, or working on a side project is greatly valued.
- Clean code with strong consideration for community best practices and maintainability.
- Knowledge of automated testing, TDD, BDD.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills for both internal and client concerns.
- DevOps / AWS experience is a plus.
- This position is full-time on location in our Berlin office. Temporary contract and freelance work are not options at this time.
Our technology stack
We use a diverse set of current and emerging technologies — this means you’ll learn a lot in many areas:
- SlideSync’s backend runs on Ruby on Rails, with MySQL and Redis data stores, in a Linux / Mac environment.
- The frontend is powered by both ES5 and ES6, leveraging jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass, as well as custom and off-the-shelf video streaming infrastructure.
- Git version control.
- Our automated testing suite runs RSpec and Jest.
- We host on AWS OpsWorks with nginx/Passenger.
How we work
Everybody’s contributions are honored and we entrust you with responsibilities from day one. Many challenges – small and large – are yours to take.
We deliver continuously, synchronize often (Kanban, code review) and integrate our customers and the whole team into the development process.
We are tool agnostic and leave it up to you to choose the best framework/library/editor for the job.
Our working language is English but we are happy to help you learn German.
Our staff is employed full-time with permanent contracts.
Overtime is kept to a minimum.
We are a group of down-to-earth, experienced tech and video people.
Our office is a relaxed atmosphere where discussion can happen in a conference room or over a round of drinks – whatever suits the situation.
MediaEvent Services has provided innovative webcast services for high profile clients in Europe since 1999. Renowned customers and partners such as Deutsche Lufthansa, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Bundesbank, thyssenkrupp, ProSiebenSat1, Hugo Boss and many more use our webcast platforms and services today. With the introduction of our new webcast platform SlideSync, we plan to expand into other European markets and beyond. We are characterized by a very strong customer orientation and the constant search for better solutions. Efficiency and innovation allow our potential to exceed bigger players in the market. Process thinking accompanies us daily, but does not stand in our way.
Get in touch
Please send us your application including salary expectations to email@example.com.
MediaEvent Services GmbH & Co. KG
Stendaler Str. 4
Note: We do not work with recruiting agencies, no exceptions.