BACKEND DEVELOPER – Ruby on Rails (m/f)
Who we are
evopark challenges the status-quo in the parking market. We make parking easier! Discover one of our products here: evopark Product Video As a company we are highly connected to the parking operator space, work closely together with mobility providers, technical or enterprise partners. As a team we are hungry to innovate the market with our solutions. As individuals we love to collaborate, to learn, to think outside the box, to go the extra mile and to celebrate success.
What you will be doing
- Architect, design and develop the backend of the evopark product portfolio
- Extend, improve and iterate relentlessly on existing products, such as mobile and web apps
- Champion the best backend practices to the rest of the team
- Create, improve and refine workflows and processes for delivering high quality software
- Work closely with designers, product managers, customer support representatives and account executives to help the business move fast and efficiently How you will do this
- You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
- You prioritise your work with the team and product management, balancing both the customer and technical value of each task.
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way, you bring your experience and expertise with you and help the team make the best decisions
We’re an agile, lean, international and partly remote working team of individuals (full-stack, backend, frontend engineers and product people) caring about our product portfolio. We love to challenge ourselves and to push things forwards.
- You’re smart, open minded and have a well-founded opinion on how a modern web application is built.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and people skills
- A track record of 3+ years of working in, or leading, teams that ship high-quality web-based software products that provide great value to users.
- You are a native Ruby speaker, but also like to play with other languages like Go or Java
- You have a strong understanding and passion for building large scale backend applications
- Organised and meticulous, but still able to focus on the big picture of the product
- Additional dev-ops skills are a plus.
What we offer you
- Modern technology, good equipment, modern tools
- The chance to contribute with all your skills and to make impact
- A fast-paced and agile work environment that emphasises innovation and excellence
- A team of highly motivated experts and a strong product vision
- Flexible working conditions (if you want to you can work entirely remote)
- Free fruits, snacks & drinks
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
- Central location in Cologne (not far from the ‘DOM’) with good connection to public transport
- Awesome team events + smaller get-togethers