Who: CareerFoundry (https://careerfoundry.com)
Where: Berlin, Mitte
Stack: Ruby on Rails, Heroku as a service platform, React, Firebase
Budget: 60k – 70k EUR gross / year
Contract: Employment (no B2B option)
Relocation: full support
CareerFoundry works on something that matters: With our training, we help people get better careers, a better perspective for their future and a higher pay. 98% of our graduates find new jobs.
Currently, we are looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer (Ruby + React) to join the team of 3 experienced engineers (and growing). You will build, maintain and take ownership of the entire stack, including the home and course pages as well as the learning management system and the backend systems. You will work closely with Front- and Backend colleagues as well as the product team to build and optimize our platform experience.
You will participate in the technical decision-making process. Using practices like pair programming, you will work closely with other developers, sharing your knowledge and mentoring others. Code Quality is super important for, you know your way around object-oriented programming and best practices.
More about the project:
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku as a service platform
- Firebase - Daily releases - Continuous integration with automated tests, - TDD and refactoring are essential part of software development
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience with Ruby,
- TDD/BDD with RSpec is the only way you write code and you are comfortable teaching junior developers best testing practices,
- You know your way around GitHub, Heroku, and have server administration/DevOps, and strong troubleshooting skills
- Fluency in English (German nice to have)
- You enjoy working in a small, agile team
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Jekyll or other static site generators
- Experience building applications with Preact or React
Ideally, you’ve worked with Redux before
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity shares and opportunities to grow your skills on the job,
- Flexible working times and working-from-home days,
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills,
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses,
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security,
- An optional company retirement insurance plan,
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed,
About the culture:
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision making in an agile environment,
- Bi-Yearly performance reviews, monthly professional development check-ins,
- Regular team events, breakfasts, Christmas parties and a yearly offsite,
- A nice, bright and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin,
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee as you need.
Sounds good? Let’s talk: feel free to contact me at email@example.com (please attach your LI profile or CV to help me understand better your profile).
You can also connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/agatakruszka/