You’re an enthusiastic Senior Ruby Engineer (m/f) looking to build the next generation of mobility apps? Then we are looking for you!
At Wunder, our mission is to solve traffic in the world’s most gridlocked cities through carpooling. It’s an epic mission that requires a combination of technology and community. Striving for excellence in these two areas is what makes us different. To create the best experience for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for showing ownership in an environment where we value trust, impact and speed.
- Work with our CTO and with other engineers to design & architect new products & features for the Wunder Apps.
- Build out new tools and services in a data-driven environment.
- Develop, ship and maintain existing features by writing methodical, maintainable code.
- Work with our UI/UX experts to extend our existing mobile apps on iOS/Android and create new, compelling experiences and features.
- Help the company growth by creating tools to better engage with our users.
- 4+ years developing highly dynamic backend for mobile applications.
- Solid software engineering skills in an agile environment.
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails apps and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies & skills.
- Experience with real-time, location based systems.
- Knowledge in the Elixir programming language is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of ElasticSearch and Neo4j is a plus.
- Experience with scaling and performance optimization of large systems.
Being part of the Wunder team means:
- You will have a positive social impact on the world, as we continue to make road travel smarter and more sustainable.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment with a highly agile team of dynamic, hyper-motivated and talented individuals.
- You will join a global company, with a real international culture and vision; multi-lingual and highly mobile.
- You will be part of a supportive team that shares knowledge and desires for each member to reach their full potential and continue learning.
- You will enter a high-growth structure which means that you will be constantly challenged and that your responsibilities will grow fast and change regularly.
- Other perks: You will be part of regular office events and teambuilding.
- Beginning: We will help you with your visa application, German admin help (finding an apartment, etc.) and onboarding.
- Share options: Being part of the sharing economy, every employee will have the option to take part in the success of the company.
You will be based in Hamburg and join one of the fastest growing start-ups in Germany. Sounds like a good opportunity? Apply today through our career-page and start tomorrow, we are looking forward getting to know you!