Experienced Ruby-on-Rails-Developer (m/f)
The qualities we look for in the team members are professionalism, flexibility and innovative thinking. If you are looking for new challenges and a chance to maximize your potential, then effective world is the perfect place to be.
The online world is in a state of constant change and innovation and this is reflected in the business models of our customers. The effective world team is both multicultural and multidisciplinary which enables the company to view each new challenge from different perspectives and to develop globally effective solutions and strategies.
You can apply directly for one of our job postings or just tell us why you think you would be able to contribute to the success of effective world.
effective world Mannheim is looking for an experienced Ruby-on-Rails-Developer.
effective world is an international agency for online marketing and web technology.
Founded in 1998 in Mannheim (Germany), effective world provides a broad spectrum of culturally-adapted digital marketing services – from consultancy to strategy and implementation.
The company provides local services in 36 languages to more than 60 countries via its own subsidiaries in China, USA, Turkey, France, Spain and Germany, and through selected local partnerships.
effective world is proud to have many longstanding customer relationships across different industry sectors, from manufacturing and engineering to logistics and retailing.
Consistent monitoring and continuous, reliable controlling guarantee the effectiveness of the Group’s marketing and technology services. Systematic standardisation and the automation of processes ensure maximum efficiency for each client.
These are just some of the reasons why many major companies, including many world market leaders, choose effective world and its services to help them implement their growth strategies. Make your world an effective world.
Your main duties will encompass
- Concept, development and programming for challenging customer projects with a wide range of requirements
- Development, extension and maintenance of web content management systems based on Ruby-on-Rails for our customers (e.g., locomotiveCMS)
- Web projects in support of internal processes
- Knowhow transfer to team colleagues less experienced in Ruby/Rails
What we can offer you
- Unlimited full time employment, starting immediately
- Exciting customer projects, mainly in a B2B setting
- Innovative and dynamic environment
- Shallow hierarchy and opportunity to take on responsibilities
- Modern work environment in friendly atmosphere
- Highly intercultural team consisting of interesting people
- Visit industry events for training and networking
What we expect from you
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable degree with minimum of 4 years of professional experience as web developer, or completed vocational training as qualified IT specialist ("Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwicklung") with minimum of 5 years of professional experience in this sector
- Wide range of knowledge regarding object oriented development in Ruby
- Minimum of 2 years of real-world Ruby on Rails project experience
- Well-founded knowledge of HTTP, HTML, CSS, XML
- Practical experience with noSQL data bases (in particular mongoDB and memcached)
- Solid knowledge of modern Design Patterns in theory and practice, and of refactoring and unit testing
- Ideally, also some background in PHP, including its commonly-used MVC frameworks (Zend, Symfony, CakePHP or similar)
- Experience with other OO languages is an advantage (Java, C#, Smalltalk...)
- Confident use of development toolchain (eclipse, subversion, bugzilla) in a team setting, appreciation of clean development and deployment processes (ALM/dev-ops, Containers)
- High sensitivity to quality of code and end product
- Enthusiasm for the internet and its technologies
- Readiness for independent search for solutions and coordinating work in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Readiness to communicate, commitment, endurance and flexibility
- Willingness for ongoing professional development regarding new technologies
- Good written and verbal English proficiency is indispensable. Additional language skills are a bonus due to the high internationality of our company, our projects, and our team.
Please send your comprehensive
Please send your comprehensive application to:
Apply online: https://www.effective-world.com/en/career/ruby-on-rails-developer/