Junior Ruby on Rails Developer
fulltime / in the beginning of 2018
Ruby on Rails is our main ingredient, sprinkled with elasticsearch, React JS, and whatever else peaks our interest. We're a small but expanding team with an agile approach, organizing our bi-weekly sprints using scrum. Come work with us, and you’ll learn everything from that awesome new technology, to how to knit a sweater or bake a delicious cake.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, up-to-date, and reliable Ruby code
- Keep the site clean and running smoothly by maintaining code quality, organization, and automization
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help with launching the site in various international markets
- be a part of the product team while pairing closely with marketing and PR teams to discuss and solve current challenges
- Participate in daily standups and bi-weekly product planning meetings to help move Makerist forward in the marketplace
- Excellent understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- At least two years experience working on a large, customer-facing product
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex: Git)
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (ex: Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc...)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (ex: Codeship, Travis,)
- Rspec is your bread and butter
- Hands-on experience in working with Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch, AWS, Chef
- Experience developing a mobile app is a plus
- A hands-on attitude, good communication skills (both online and offline) as well as the ability and desire to work as a team player are a must
- A steep, challenging learning curve while working with state of the art technology
- An interesting variety of tasks across the whole company
- A dynamic, international team with strong team spirit and flat hierarchies
- flexible working hours, a family-like atmosphere, where your input and feedback is welcome
- A modern office beside Treptower Park with a variety of fresh fruits in the kitchen
- Frequent company and social events.
Then send us your application in English or German to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!