ViaEurope means: smart Web-Apps & APIs combined with a real warehouse, clearing thousands of parcels each day - bringing products from all over the world to Europe!
We are growing fast and are looking for a kick-ass rails developer who can support the development of the ViaEurope applications - work remotely or join us in Berlin!
What is in it for you?
- We strive for zero bullshit every day. We are an efficient, lean, mean, parcel-delivery machine. We want to keep it that way.
- No investor – stakeholder – client bullshit. No dreamy hacker shop either. We find efficient and pragmatic ways to do our work every day and have a friendly work culture.
- We want someone passionate about their work, we are looking for people who want to get things shipped without going insane over arbitrary deadlines. We all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other pleasures.
- We usually work out of Berlin, and are happy to provide space for you. Remote is cool as well, but we’d like to meet every other week.
- Opportunity to take on a lead dev role as the tech founders are slowly transitioning to process and product management Requirements
We are looking for someone who knows how to get things done. Your education or background is less important than your ability to take on a task and get it from concept to production!
What we are looking for:
- you are a senior RoR developer with experience in a professional setting
- you know the tech in our stack: Heroku, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, AWS
- you use external and develop own RESTful APIs
- you speak and write great English (German big plus)
- you don’t like corporate BS but you love to communicate over Slack and github
- can get things on the road
- you are interested in the world of logistics
Is that YOU? ...then for the love of god, send a note to email@example.com, telling us why you’re interested in this position and we will call you back. Then we can talk about you, about us, our stack, and any questions you might have.
We help to ship thousands parcels per day from overseas to the EU, integrating with our clients, airlines, airport ground personnel, customs and couriers. We are on the market for about 2 years, our team of currently around 10 people is based in Amsterdam (e-Hub) and Berlin (Tech). We make real business and revenues - in 2017, we will scale to 10,000+ parcels per day.