Do you go shopping and think OOP?
Do you dream of big data?
Is GitHub the first thing you think of when someone says the word fork. Wimdu is an exciting, new start-up company headquartered in Berlin and one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe. We are all about tdd/bdd. Initially funded with US$90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000 properties in over 100 countries since March 2011. Our main concept is to ?travel like a local?. This idea is spread by a very international team from more than 30 different nations working in our headquarter in Berlin or in one of our international offices.
For our team in Berlin we are looking for a: Ruby on Rails Intern (m/f)
You will be a part of the proactive Development team of a successful and lively start-up company with an international working environment. Your tasks will be as follows:
- You will learn everything there is to know about the test-driven development of Ruby On Rails
- You will write code and work on projects which will lead to sophisticated backend and frontend solutions that will significantly benefit our global platform and sustainably improve it
- You will actively participate in an extremely agile development process with daily releases
- You are studying Information Technology or a similar degree
- You have enjoyed web development during your studies or in your free time, and TDD is an important concept for you
- You are quick to grasp new things and possess a strong desire to progress and learn
- You are open, communicative and a good team player
If you?re looking to work for a company in which you can progress and gain the chance to work independently, then Wimdu is the right choice for you! As a Ruby on Rails Intern you will have the opportunity to experience test-driven and agile development on one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe.
We offer international startup-spirit based in a converted warehouse by the waterside, in the heart of Germany´s capital. Monthly events, a Wimdu Academy and a chill-out area complete our offer. In addition to this, you will benefit from a highly-motivated team, flat hierarchies and flexible structures.
Excited by the prospect of joining us? If so, then send us an email with your CV, your desired starting date and your salary expectations with the reference number BSI1210RoRInt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before we ask you, ask us: Send us your questions, doubts and we will get back to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Wimdu GmbH |Ohlauer Straße 43 |10999 Berlin | www.wimdu.de | www.wimdu.de/jobs