DaWanda is the online marketplace for unique and handmade items. Designers and creatives offer their one of a kind and limited-edition products for sale at [http://www.dawanda.com] . Going against the grain of mass-production, DaWanda is a haven for those who value individuality and responsible consumption as much as they like the latest looks. DaWanda is a social commerce platform, where consumers can exchange creative ideas and find inspiration from one another.
DaWanda was founded in Berlin on December 3rd 2006, by Claudia Helming and Michael Pütz. Today there are 150 DaWanda employees from 16 different nationalities. The website is available in German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Dutch. Each country version is adapted to the needs of its regional customers, and is taken care of by native speakers.
The German-language Startup Monitor of ethority GmbH & Co. KG has found DaWanda to be the most popular startup selected by internet users on several different occasions. The company was also presented with the ?Oskar? Award during Social Media Week 2010.
If you like working on large projects related to design and structural changes, you are the right person for the job. We are constantly improving the look and feel of DaWanda and need you to help communicate and streamline it. You will work on the style itself and define and communicate new standards for our internal development teams. You will build a toolkit as a foundation for a consistent and reliable interface. Interested? Join us!
- Create new and innovative ways of using the website and work on solutions for improving the user experience
- Create new cross browser compatible elements
- Structure CSS / SCSS files for better maintainability (you should have heard of SMACSS)
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in software development
- Very good knowledge of web-design
- Extensive knowledge of (semantic) CSS-layouting and frameworks like YAML or Grid-layouts
- At least 1 year of work experience with Ruby on Rails and .erb-templates
- Knowledge of distributed systems and distributed deployments and their effect on design is an asset
- A dynamic, creative, and cooperative start up environment
- The possibility to work with state of the art technologies and develop relevant skills
- Room for personal and professional development