Ruby on Rails Engineer (m/f)
Tupalo.com is looking for Ruby on Rails engineers to join our development team full-time in Vienna, Austria. You should love working in a startup environment where you can flex your entrepreneurial spirit while working closely with a group of passionate developers, designers and our office dog, Laika the Beagle.
- Develop and maintain the codebase of a live product used by millions of people every month
- Remix and re-factor existing Rails systems into clean, maintainable code
- Building libraries, tools and interfaces which improve the workflows of the engineering team
- Previous experience in web development
- Solid understanding of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development using Cucumber & Rspec - we love specs!
- Understanding of relational databases (specifically PostgreSQL) and query optimization
- The ability to troubleshoot problems when the solution isn't immediately found on Google or Stack Overflow
- Previous experience working on commercial web projects
- An understanding and respect for technical, on-site Search Engine Optimization
- Experience developing in the Apple OSX environment
- Experience with mobile web development (HTML5, iPhone, Android, etc.)
- Come work with a team of smart, slightly crazy people in the heart of Vienna, Austria
- Full-time, salaried employment at a profitable, early-stage internet startup with strong industry partners
- Benefits! Enjoy generous medical, dental and vision coverage in the city with the highest quality of living in the world for several years running.
- Perks! Coffee (lots of it), Apple hardware, comfortable chairs, a fridge with a rotating list of adult beverages in it and more!
- Tired of the Valley, London or Berlin? Work permit and relocation assistance may be possible for the right person.
- Possible participation in the Tupalo.com stock options program.