Software Engineer Ruby on Rails (m/f) / SponsorPay GmbH
SponsorPay is the European market leader in the field of virtual currency monetization for online games, social apps, virtual worlds and social networks. We are a rapidly growing, VC-backed startup with headquarters in Berlin and satellite offices in San Francisco, Paris and London.
We are looking for 'smart and get things done' developers who thrive on working in a startup environment.
* Design, develop and maintain a B-2-B-2-C in-game advertising & payment platform, based on Ruby on Rails
* Take on ownership of specific modules of the SponsorPay product such as Advertiser Management Backend, Publisher Control Panel, Reporting Cubes, iFrame Targeting Algorithm or advertiser/publisher APIs
* Work with the other lead developers to engineer a well-designed, maintainable and performing technology platform that can cope with the continuously growing traffic and business requirements.
Skills and experience:
* 5+ years real-world experience in developing web applications, 2+ years in Ruby on Rails
* Previous work experience in a start-up environment with a successful track record in engineering scalable systems
* Professional experience in the areas of Affiliate Networks, Online Payment Systems, Targeting Algorithms, Data Mining, Cloud Computing is a big plus
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Team player and natural mentor for junior engineers.
* Enthusiastic, hard-working, highly motivated individual
* Proactive, goal-oriented approach, self-contained and tenacious working style
* Ability to recognize the right tool for right situation or problem
What we offer:
* A competitive remuneration package.
* A working environment in which your contribution can, and will, make the difference
* A fun place to work, located in one of Europe?s most vibrant capitals
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals. Thus we are interested information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your dayjob (both technical and non-technical). If you are active on sites such as stackoverflow.com, Hacker News, github or twitter, please include your username(s) in your application.