MOBILE EVENT GUIDE is a dynamic mobile technology driven start-up located directly in the heart of central Berlin. We develop interactive solutions for conferences and trade fairs for iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
We are a passionate and dedicated team committed to helping clients integrate mobile strategies utilizing our innovative technologies. Whom we are seeking: You are a highly motivated and dedicated individual. You seek out daily challenges, are creative, and share our vision of transforming the world of events into one of interactivity and connectivity. We want you to join our amazing team, which is also backed by one of Germany’s best-known VCs!
- Building our backend and automation tools, based on Ruby, Rails, and modern JS
- Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementing, to testing, to user acceptance, to deployment
- You have proven experience with test-driven development in Ruby and Rails, with RSpec or Test::Unit.
- You have an understanding of core concepts like OOP, design patterns, algorithms and how to run Ruby on a production server.
- You feel comfortable in a UNIX shell.
- You are enthusiastic about your work, are results-driven and enjoy developing in an agile environment with Kanban / Scrum.
- You have a passion for backend development, but you’re not afraid to dive into some frontend code to get a job done.
- You favour pragmatic programming/simple solutions.
- You write not only outstanding code but are also able to explain how you proceed while you go along – and you like pair-programming.
- You have solid English language skills. Good German is a plus, but not required.
FACTS ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
- We use a tech stack based on Ruby, Rails, REST, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, HAML, Sass, Sproutcore, XML, JSON, git, GitHub.
- We offer a free choice of Mac or ThinkPad hardware.
- We are enthusiastic co-workers, so join our hackathon team! :)