Working at simfy is different! With more than 1.5 million users, simfy is Germany's largest music platform and the market leader for online music solutions. simfy.de offers a comprehensive on-demand music platform with a repertoire of currently more than 5 million songs. Our cutting-edge mobile and desktop applications have set new standards in the music industry. At simfy you get the chance to make an impact and put your ideas into action. You become part of a team of smart, interesting and passionate people in a vibrant and energetic young company. We love what we do and we do not hesitate to go the extra mile to continuously improve simfy.
For our headquarters in Cologne, Germany we are currently searching for a highly-motivated:
What you can expect:
- Own development and implementation of frontend and backend software projects on the simfy platform as well as interfaces for desktop and mobile applications
- Analysis, development, unit-testing, documentation and maintenance of the simfy platform in an agile development and testing environment (SCRUM), in close collaboration with our product managers
- Ongoing performance optimization and scalability of the simfy platform and API
- Diligent software documentation and versioning
What we are looking for:
- Very good programming knowledge of the respective language, or at least one object-oriented language such as PHP, Python, or PERL
- In-depth programming knowledge in MySQL and HTML
- Several years experience in the development of database web applications
- Implementation of at least one major private or university software development project
- A university degree in computer science, information technology or related field
- Excellent analytical thinking and enthusiasm for solving complex problems
- Good communication skills and fluency in both English and German
What we offer:
- Startup atmosphere: become part of a young and highly motivated team
- Flat hierarchies, fast decision-making processes and a high level of responsibility
- Flexible working hours and highly attractive compensation
- Working equipment and mobile phone of your choice
- Music and chips at a flatrate and an Italian chef that cooks twice a week for the office!
If this job opportunity matches your profile, we would be delighted to receive your complete application, including salary requirements and a possible starting date. Please email your application as a pdf file in English or German to firstname.lastname@example.org.