We're looking for a Mid-Level+ Ruby Backend Developer who enjoys technical IoT challenges.
You will work in a team with highly skilled developers and project managers under different IoT projects. We are probably the only company in the world running a ruby stack in the cloud and on our embedded linux based gateways. Sensorberg is committed to Ruby as a language to power our IoT solutions.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code for our cloud software and our door gateways.
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Collaborate with distributed team members in a Scrum/Agile development environment
- Ability to interpret complex requests & implement based on aggressive timelines
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization and automation
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with on cross-functional teams and collaborate with product management and software engineering teams to convert prototypes into enterprise grade applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow software development best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- 3+ years project experience with Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Design and usage SOLID principles.
- Different methods of authentication (Oauth, JWT o.A.)
- REST API development
- Test Driven Development (minitest, rspec)
- Git Flow
- English communication skills
This job is awesome because
You have the unique opportunity to write code for our embedded linux gateways. Stability of the software is key. You will integrate with other systems over serial connections, bluetooth LE, zigbee, gpio. Additional we offer unlimited access to quality coffee, a MacBook and whatever equipment you consider necessary for work and working with a great team on a huge business opportunity in an international work environment.
We're looking forward to your application with an email to (Eva Harder) firstname.lastname@example.org or via https://sensorberg-jobs.personio.de/job/45752