Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Berlin, Dalia harnesses the app economy and advanced data science to distribute millions of micro surveys worldwide to gather and analyze real time data on consumer attitudes, public opinion and market trends. We cover everything from understanding public support for basic income, to using real time data to support the needs of disaster victims. Backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital firms, Dalia has generated over a billion answers from people spread across 96 countries with the resulting data cited in over 2.000 news articles globally, with notable pieces in the Guardian, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, Quartz and Statista.
Curious about what we are up to in Engineering? Check out our blog post on the Dalia Platform: http://dalia.click/DaliaPlatformBP !
The journey that awaits you:
- You will steer innovation! Your contributions will impact the design and development of our customer facing web application platform, Ruby-powered web services, and entire backend systems
- Join an open, diverse and international team with a laid back, non-hierarchical culture and great office space.
- Your work will have significant impact company-wide, as the solutions you design will impact operational performance at a cross-functional scale. We’re on a fast-track, and so will your career as our Backend Engineering expert.
Your challenge: - Develop web apps that present meaningful analytics results to users, including data visualization on a modern HTML5 / JS / RoR stack. Furthermore, work with our data science team to bring abstract statistical methods into production. - Deliver clean, maintainable and error proof code with good test coverage. Write test automation, conduct code reviews, and take end-to-end ownership, from deployment to production. - Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our platform and our development processes.
Your profile includes:
- Proven expertise with Ruby and with the Ruby-on-Rails framework, as well as proficiency with at least one other programming language.
- Fullstack skill-set: Linux administration, Git, JS, HTML, CSS, Databases administration, Queuing systems, Cache systems, Monitor tools as Graphite.
- Strategic thinking: you can build a best-in-class functional roadmap, set high quality standards, strive for continuous improvement, and strategically plan for scale-up, keeping an eye on the big picture.
Questions? email us at email@example.com or call us at +49 (0) 151 1654 5204