- You design, code, launch and maintain Ruby on Rails applications
- You learn from your team as well as keep yourself up to date in software technologies
- You create web applications for companies and organisations worldwide
- You help our clients to improve their web sites and -applications, their digital communication and to digitalize their organisations in order to adapt to today’s fast-paced digital world
- You work within an agile team
- Experience in building, maintaining and optimizing web applications
- Knowledge of designing and working with APIs for web services
- Experience with deploying web applications on cloud services (especially AWS) and using their service oriented offerings
- Understanding of developing scalable web services in distributed computing architectures
- Understanding of front-end frameworks for web applications (such as React.js)
- Experience with search technologies (such as ElasticSearch), databases (SQL and NoSQL) and web development (HTML5/CSS3) with modern frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, …)
- Experience with content management systems and/or e-commerce solutions is a plus
- Experience in building software as part of a distributed test-driven agile DevOps team, including code reviews, feature branching, continuous integration, etc.
- English language skills are at minimum intermediate level, both written and spoken, preferable better
- We don't care about formal degrees or where you've acquired your skills – university, code schools, self teaching: we’re looking for talented people.
Your New Mission
The size of each team varies from 2 to 10 developers. This keeps you away from dull routine and just being a cog in the machine. We work agile only. As a member of such a team, you'll have the opportunity to share your ideas and contribute to various ongoing and new projects. You can also switch between teams, if you like.
A Cool and Productive Workplace
We like what you like, because we assume that you know best, what is your most productive working environment. Therefore we decided to establish a flexible remote working environment. We use tools such as Slack, Github, Hangouts or Trello to work from whatever place you are located. Besides working from home or from the cafe around the corner, our offices offer different workplace styles like a cafe, hack-bars, co-working areas, silent areas, meeting rooms, single offices, project rooms, telephone booths as well as relax areas with sofas and couches. All of them have in common that they are well equipped with the newest tech and have ergonomically awarded furniture. Each teammate is provided with an Apple MacBook Pro and an iPhone.
A Nice and Friendly Company
Infopark is a software development house established in one of Europe’s most important tech-hubs, Berlin, but we work all over the western hemisphere and are currently launching a branch in Wroclaw. Founded in 1994 by two students, Infopark has kept it’s start-up vibes while growing to a solid and proven corporation. Our mission is to make the world a better place by developing and providing software to our customers. We are committed to innovation.
Therefore, we develop and support cloud based software (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) for our customers, coming from many different industries. With our work, we are merging business with technology. Our software is used by thousands of customers on a daily basis. Our team currently includes 70+ motivated specialists.
We are not a chaotic startup with long hours of overtime, but rather prefer a professional environment with teamwork and responsibilities. Also, we are not a development shop of some monster company off-shore. We are not driven by commands and structures, we prefer common sense, humor and respect for each other. You can contact all employees directly, including the founders, and extensive communication between employees is encouraged. Our external and internal communication is in English.
We believe in a friendly, collaborative and educational working environment, but strive always for excellence.
If you’re talented, we believe there’s no benefit in this world that they help you to get over a dull job or terrible superiors. Therefore, our major effort is to create an exciting environment, interesting projects and great software.
But of course, if you’re prepared to contribute to our success you will be rewarded and will participate on the results our work delivers. We offer:
- highly competitive pay
- regular contract with social security plans and flexible vacation
- no time tracking
- no fixed office hours
- no fixed workplace but fancy offices
- free language classes in english and german
- generous holiday schedule
- an unlimited number of table tennis & table football matches
- weekly lunches and breakfasts
- a kitchen for cooking
- free books
- free supply of fruit and drinks as well as a great coffee machine (and tea!)
- regular company social events
- free choice of working location: home or our offices in Berlin
- for students we offer all flexibility to get your stuff done at the university as well
- state-of-the-art equipment
We offer you lots of fun-filled workdays, an interesting position, and plenty of challenges at a solid company, making sure you never feel bored.
Ready? Let's talk!
We’re looking forward to get to know you! Please send us your application via e-mail, preferably referencing your GitHub and Twitter profiles, and stating your desired salary.
Erika Schaknowski, Human Resources