ViaEurope is a profitable global freight forwarding startup in year three. We help to ship 1,000 parcels per day from China to the EU, integrating with airlines, airport ground personnel, customs and couriers. In 2017, we will scale to 10,000 parcels per day. For that we're currently building an automated freight hub (think conveyor belts + APIs). Come and join three existing developers to work on our Ruby on Rails app. We’re looking for someone who has a strong interest in building maintainable software, and sees this as a challenge in its own right.
What do we offer?
- We strive for zero bullshit every day. We are an efficient, lean, mean, parcel-delivery machine. We want to keep it that way.
- No investor – stakeholder – client bullshit. No dreamy hacker shop either. We find efficient and pragmatic ways to do our work every day and have a friendly work culture.
- We want someone passionate about their work – no workaholic – we are looking for people who want to get things shipped without going insane over arbitrary deadlines. We all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other pleasures.
- We usually work out of Berlin, and are happy to provide space for you. Remote is cool, but we’d like to meet every other week.
So, if you...
- are a senior UI developer
- capable to build aesthetic and usable web interfaces in HTML, CSS and JS
- familiar with Rails environments
- don’t like corporate BS, e.g. excessive meetings
- can get things on the road quickly
- speak great English (German big plus)
- live within 1 flight hour of Berlin/Amsterdam
- are interested in the world of logistics
- are willing to commit at least 25% of your time for 12+ months
...then for the love of god, send us a note, telling us why you’re interested in this position and we will call you back. Then we can talk about you, about us, our stack, and any questions you might have. Our mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
ViaEurope B.V. – Veemkade 424, 1019HE Amsterdam