DaWanda is the leading German online marketplace for handmade and unique products. We are looking for passionate and skilled people to join our software development team. We are an international and diverse group and we strongly support the Ruby community. Furthermore we work with agile methodologies and scrum teams.
How we work
Our Product Engineering department is composed of passionate Software and QA Engineers, Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Data Analysts and BI Experts structured in full stack vertical teams. We believe in the empowerment of individuals and we use Agile methodologies to let the team set quarterly objectives, in accordance with the company vision. We manage our own fleet of servers, deploying our services inside Docker containers. Besides, we develop our features in small incremental steps, with a workflow based on GitHub pull requests. We want our code to be well tested and we continuously integrate with Travis CI. The scale of our operations is a sweet spot between the freedom and the agility of a startup and the challenges of a big company.
You have gained first experience with Ruby on Rails in large-scale production environments? You are a team player who knows how to integrate with many different technologies, not only from the Ruby land? Join us as a Software Engineer Ruby (f/m).
- Work in a flat hierarchy international team (our office language is English)
- Write elegant and performant code that is easy to maintain
- Develop your code well-tested and improve tests and code continuously
- You deploy to our production cluster with over 100 million monthly page impressions on a daily basis
- Agile development and modern project management following the Scrum approach
- Ensure, restructure and maintain code for scalability
- You build software not only at work, you are passionate about software
- First experience in software development
- Knowledge and production experience of Ruby (Rails and Sinatra)
- Experience in web-technologies and agile development
- Good command of English
-The opportunity to bring in fresh ideas to the team and participate in the next evolution of our platform - Join a talented, driven and international team, passionate about our product and our customers - Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks & the opportunity for personal and professional development - Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture with flexible working hours - All the perks of working in the most exciting city in Europe when it comes to quality of life and knowledge sharing opportunities in tech
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete application stating the earliest date you could start and indicate your salary expectations.