Our Offer To You:
You know your abilities, you would like to work agile and independent, you don’t like legacy and you want to develop new applications with “Bleeding Edge” technologies instead? Jura Online is perfect for you then!
You are looking for the next real technical challenge and you would like to have fun at work? Join Jura Online now! To support our product and development teams, we are looking for a Backend Ruby Developer (f/m) in Hamburg as soon as possible.
20-40% of all law students fail in their final exams. We are here to change this: Jura Online is the first comprehensive online learning platform for law students and lawyers. By now, we helped thousands to prepare their exams successfully, reach their goals and be more happy at the same time. Thats our mission! Our team consists of experienced lawyers, successful and hungry entrepreneurs, experienced e-learning experts, marketing ninjas, data scientists and visionary software engineers. Become a part of us now!
You work closely with our CTO on our learning platform and you develop new e-learning products.
Your tasks would be issues like:
- Build new software applications – your architecture, your service!
- Development of existing components according to highest coding standards in our backend
- Evaluate new technologies and implement them
- Development of new extensions and API interfaces
- Extend, enhance, and maintain our micro services and APIs code
- Write unit and integration tests for optimal performance
- Proactively suggest and contribute improvements to security, architecture and/or technologies
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What you don’t have to do:
Legacy and to clean up “the old” Spaghetti code – we develop from scratch Use old technologies and services – we work “Bleeding Edge”
- At least 3-5 years experience in writing object-oriented code in Ruby
- Functional programming is a plus.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs and micro services
- Deep understanding of Git
- Experience with profiling and optimisation of code.
- Solid understanding of RSpec and automated testing.
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- Your work is independent, well-organized and goal-oriented
- Bonus: You already had points of contact with EdTech/E-Learning
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Work in a small team with flat hierarchies.
- Competitive salary and flexible working hours, including one home office day.
- We offer free drinks & food (all the Club Mate you might need ;-)).
- Our standard are MacBooks, but we are happy to get you whatever equipment you need to get ahead.
- Our office is located in Hamburg.
- Support in relocation, work permit, and other administrative issues if needed.
- German classes (if needed).
- Bus/Train tickets.
- Great events for team, family & friends.