We are looking for a motivated Senior Rails Developer, who can join our team beginning February 2017. We offer our users a state of the art platform with a modern usability experience. As Senior Rails Developer you will work with a great team on an international project. Exciting challenges expect you and you will be able to take ownership of the platform and development efforts.
UCM is a full-service agency, active in fashion, event and personnel management, headquartered in Berlin. In our growing portfolio with over 2500 clients, we have worked with Samsung, Oculus VR, Facebook, Lufthansa and Tesla Motors. We are among the most innovate in the industry and have worked on the largest trade fairs and events in europe. To keep up with our fast growth and available personnel of over 11.000, we need to scale our web-application to handle the new challenges and adapt to our increasingly international client needs.
- Define, develop and implement new features
- Work in a creative team and take over ownership of our platform
- Maintain and improve existing code base for our european markets
- Expand and optimize our data structure
- Improve access to our services for our partners, agencies and personnel
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experienced in developing rails application and a solid understanding of scalable web-applications
- You are familiar with test driven development (TDD); we use Capybara with Cucumber
- Experienced in jQuery, backbone.js and underscore.js
- You’re interested in machine learning, especially recommendation engines
- Enjoy working in a team and are passionate about the event industry
- Proactive, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- We offer flexibility and freedom in your work to live out your full potential
- Besides a competitive salary, we offer company equity
- Our team has lots of creative new ideas and we welcome you into our productive environment
- You will work with the best in the industry and will be able to look beyond the event industry
- uCastMe offers you the chance to work and play a leading part in an international growing start-up
We offer a dynamic team that is constantly working on new ideas. We expect applicants with a positive mindset and attitude. We’re looking for motivated people who actively want to take ownership and help uCastMe grow. uCastMe offers you creative freedom with the possibility of working with motivated people in a fast growing Startup in Berlin.
If we sparked your interest, feel free to send us your cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck, your uCastMe team