ABOUT US: car2go is the worldwide leading mobility concept in the area of free floating car-sharing. Our service is used by more than a million customers at over 30 locations in Europe and North America. The passion for new ideas and a pronounced service concept is the focus of our powerful team with more than 500 employees all over the world. The internationally active company is a subsidiary company of Daimler AG.
Our passionate team initiates, designs and develops car2go backend and frontend solutions to drive the business. Thereby, we love technology and encourage a doing culture. Empowering a collaboration to redefine current boundaries of technology we are willing to make an enormous and sustainable impact on societies mobility behavior. You will write code for web based automated systems to analyze and process high volumes of data in ‘real-time’. Fast prototyping and bulletproofed production applications are both epics.
- You will build new services and applications
- You will work with other software engineers in a self-organized Scrum team
- You identify and solve real world challenges
- You elaborate with your team and your Product Owners about technical improvements
- You constantly improve our system architecture and work self driven to make an impact
- A product used by over 1.000.000 people
- A young, passionate, creative and professional team
- Direct communication, self responsibility and a hands on culture
- Free car2go rides for checking how awesome the product is
- The equipment which fit your needs
- A cloud :o)
- Free coffee, drinks and fruits
- Conference tickets
- Flexible working hours
- You have several years of experience with Ruby On Rails development and you built your own projects already.
- You know how to create or deal with RESTful APIs and micro services
- You have good skills in test-driven and behavior-driven development
- You are a DevOps guy and know how to use Docker, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana
- Knowledge of the usual cloud systems like AWS or IBM Softlayer is a plus
- You enjoy working in a cross-functional, agile team
- You have good English skills (spoken and written)
- You are willing to improve yourself, the team and the workflow