Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Note - No you cannot work remotely, this role requires you to be in New Zealand Visa Sponsorship will be provided.
I am a recruitment consultant looking to recruit a Ruby on Rails Developer for my client based in Wellington, New Zealand.
You Must Speak and Write in English fluently
Salary $80,000 to $95,000 – New Zealand Dollars (Depending on experience)
- Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
- Minimum of 6 year work experience developing scalable high-performance web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Core development capabilities in Ruby on Rails
- Direct experience with Ruby on Rails for rapidly developing web applications
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based API consumption and creation in Rails
- Writing code without relying on Stack Overflow.
- This involves having front end as well as backend experience
- You must be a rock-solid backend developer and use it regularly
- If you have C#, dot net, C++, Java experience in the past that would add to your advantage
- Experience with distributed and scaled systems architectures-- You understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code.
- You can design and develop horizontally scalable, resilient and high performance REST services.
- Good understanding of web applications (JSON, REST API)
- Ability to develop APIs and frameworks is big plus.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, object oriented programming, MVC / SOA/ --Domain entity programming, and concurrent programming.
- A clear understanding of database / object reflection and inference concepts
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues as well as optimizing code for application performance.
- A solid understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks.
- You already have developed different algorithms in the past and are comfortable to analyze, review, and re-architect current designs in order to create new capabilities
- Your code is performance efficient and well structured
- You love writing clean code
- You have the flexibility to work with others who are perceived better than you and some who may not be as good as you.
- Team bonding and flexibility is important.
They allow you to work on any project that you want a small percent of your time. This keeps you upskilling and fresh; the project doesn't need to relate to their business. It could be your hobby project
They have the music, pool table, table tennis, fruit, social drinks and decent coffee for you to have that relaxed family bond
Above all you get to live in a beautiful place, have a lifestyle and enjoy nature while working on what you love.