Jura Online is a learning platform for german law students, that contains all the exam-relevant content of the german law studies. As law studies is third most popular studying topic in Germany, our goal is to become the number one e-learning platform for law studies. Based in the heart of Berlin, Jura Online is looking for smart full-stack Ruby engineers who can help us build and maintain our platform and features to extend and manage our user base.
- Build software applications using best coding standards.
- Extend, enhance, and maintain both front and backend code.
- Write unit and integration tests for optimal performance.
- Translate concepts and designs into functional user interfaces that are cross-browser compatible.
- Proactively suggest and contribute improvements to UI, security, architecture and/or technologies.
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs.
- Thorough knowledge on CSS3 and pre-processors (eg. LESS, SASS).
- Experience working with source control tools (eg. Git, Github).
- Experience writing automated tests in rspec.
- Understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the frontend website will adhere to them.
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English.
- Work in a small team with flat hierarchies.
- Competitive salary.
- Home office Wednesday, weekly team breakfast, fortnightly team lunch
- Free drinks/food (all the Club Mate you might need ;)
- Support in relocation, work permit, and other administrative issues if needed