For this position we’re looking for someone that meets our definition of senior: the ability to design, deliver and maintain code, without daily instructions. However, we greatly value continuous communication of any ideas, decisions and problems.
Ideally, you are comfortable with some of the following:
- Architecting maintainable software
- RESTful API design
- Thorough testing (before or after)
- Heroku and Amazon S3
- Running and monitoring production systems
What can you expect?
Let’s be honest: employees choose companies as much as the other way around. We want to work with people that feel welcome here and whose company we enjoy, in Slack or in real life. You will work with a small team of highly skilled and motivated people. We have long running and one-off projects but usually don’t have anyone working on more than one project at a time.
What do we offer?
- Remote okay whenever the schedule allows for it.
- Almost no meetings. But we do use Slack, a lot.
- Transparent decisions. No suits. No top-down dictates that make no sense.
- No investors. Not a startup. We’ve been profitable since day one.
- Work on products that are used and appreciated by people every day.
What do we need from you?
We’d love a GitHub profile as part of your application, but we’re also aware that some people do their best work in private repositories. So we ask you to choose anything (GitHub, open source project, conference talk, etc.) to share with us that demonstrates your coding style. You should be based in central Europe and be fluent in English and preferably German, too.