FOR RWE INNOVATION HUB HOSTED BY RWE CONSULTING GMBH YOUR TASKS:
Are you interested in major changes like the Internet of Things, Big Data, Sharing Economy and Decentralised Energy? We are.
RWE is one of Europe’s largest energy companies and it has bold plans to become the energy industries innovation leader. The RWE Innovation Hub is leading this charge, disrupting RWE’s business model and shaping the future of the industry. We have set up outposts in Silicon Valley, Berlin and Tel Aviv, created Lighthouses to focus our efforts in specific areas of customer insight, and are now rapidly developing and testing new business models in small, dedicated Proof of Concept (POC) teams.
These teams are the driving force of the RWE Innovation Hub. Using Lean and Agile methodologies and operating with a start-up mentality they are building the new business models which will transform RWE. This isn’t just another job at a big utility company.
Be part of the exciting development of a broad range of new products in the area of Smart Home, new energy concepts and urban technology. Driven by a global team of inventive and committed specialists; enhanced by a capable and resourceful multinational enterprise. In this environment, you have the opportunity to work with the top of the class in digital innovation and a network of determined experts in every field, all supported by a global company that has put the promotion of start-ups and innovation as their top priority for the next decade.
- Development of new features for web applications to monitor and analyse sensor data of industrial production units
- Leading the enhancement of a software prototype to a marketable product and its commissioning on a wide client base
- Creating interactive forms of visualisation for large datasets based on HTML5
- Revising the web interface (UI) particularly with regard to a better usability
- Supporting the development of a modular, scalable software architecture and administration of our technical infrastructure
- University degree in the field of computer sciences or business informatics
- Extensive experiences in web development based on Ruby On Rails
- Familiarity with SQL-Databases (especially PostgreSQL) as well as NoSQL-approaches (e.g. Redis) and estimation of their suitability with regard to various issues
- Basic knowledge in administration of Unix-servers, ideally also in the frame of cloud solutions like Amazon AWS and competent handling of SSH
- Fluent in German and English
ARE YOU INTERESTED? RWE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply online. We are looking forward to receive your application.
RWE Consulting GmbH Robert Kearney +44 7557197958 firstname.lastname@example.org