Savedo is building an online financial marketplace that allows savers to invest in safe and high-return financial products across the EU. It’s a massive market in the trillions of Euros. So our goals are equally massive. Based in the heart of the Berlin’s tech-scene, Savedo is looking for smart full stack Ruby engineers who can help us build the backend services and APIs that drive our web and mobile apps.
Who are we looking for? – Talented people who want to make a difference.
- You support with the design and development of the Savedo platform
- You work in an agile team of specialists and generalists with a product owner
- You help set up deployment infrastructure, server environments and testing infrastructure and you help maintain and improve them
- You are proactive and pay attention to the security, scalability, performance and reliability of our systems
- You will support the team in working with Linux Server Administration
- You take responsibility to ensure successful results
- You are interested in learning new technologies and further excel your knowledge in Ruby on Rails and JS
- You stay on top of current industry trends
- Masters or Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering/Computer Science
- You bring 2-3 years of working experience within the field of web development and software engineering, ideally on medium and large size projects
- Min. 1 year Ruby on Rails professional experience, with an excellent knowledge of backend development and technologies
- Min. 1 year automated testing experience using Rspec, Phantom.js, etc.
- Min. 1 year SQL – postgres preferred
- Good knowledge of backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Capistrano, unicorn, nginx, chef, Docker
- Experience with source control tools - Git, Github
- Love working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- Strong feeling for workflows and user interaction
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international start-up * environment
- Entrepreneurial drive to create successful products
What do we offer?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Work with a fun, talented and experienced team of engineers and entrepreneurs with over 20 nationalities
- You get valuable insights into scaling a company and have a big impact on its further development
- Work with your preferred equipment of choice
- Flexibility around our core working hours
- Access to internal company benefits, free drinks/food, Savedo team events and free German classes
- Support in relocation, work permit, and other administrative issues if needed
- Work in the start-up center of Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe
Interested? - Submit your CV along with your GitHub Account online.