GetSafe is a young and innovative InsureTech Start-Up based in Heidelberg, Germany. We have the vision to make the insurance world a better place. We offer millions of people a smart solution to manage their insurances using their smartphones. Our application gives an overview of our customer’s existing insurance policies, helps them to optimize their insurance portfolio and offers advice through certified experts. We are backed and supported by Rocket Internet and the founders of Check24 and Interhyp.
Your role within the team
- You create real business value by enhancing our insurance process automation platform in an interdisciplinary team by using APIs, Machine Learning and OCR
- You lead a small team of RoR developers as team leader
- You discuss process solutions with our operations team
- You are proactive and pay attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- You take responsibility to ensure successful results
- You set up deployment infrastructures, server environments and testing infrastructure and you maintain and improve them
- You work in Scrum sprints along with developers, scrum masters and product owners
- You stay on top of current industry trends
Who we are looking for
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails projects or equivalent, ideally on medium and large size projects extending over a period of 6 months plus
- Good knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Capistrano, Passenger, unicorn, nginx, chef, Docker
- Entrepreneurial drive to create successful products
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international start-up environment
- Disciplined approach to automated testing and quality assurance
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German is a plus
- Bachelor or Masters Degree of one of the leading universities, with focus on information systems, computer science, physics, mathematics or other related fields
- Loves working in an Agile environment
What we offer
- You work with experienced entrepreneurs; can enjoy open communication and transparency within departments
- You can gain in depth knowledge about scaling a startup
- You get valuable insights into company building and an industry-disrupting InsureTech start-up
- You can select your work equipment (like MacBook, standing desks) and all the necessary tools you need to get the best out of your working day
- You get access to internal company benefits, a kitchen always stacked with fruits, snacks, water and a nice coffee machine for your daily energy fix
- You work in a newly renovated and bright office, that supports a healthy and ideal work environment.
- You get support in relocation, work permit, other administrative issues and free German classes if needed
- You work within a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers where hierarchies don’t matter but passion and drive do
We think big, and if you do too, then join our passionate and talented team!
You will work in Germany’s most beautiful city with lots of opportunities to grow – personally as well as professionally.
Interested? – Please submit your CV either in Englisch or in German to Christine Merkler (email@example.com).