Ruby on Rails Backend Developer / Streetspotr GmbH
Streetspotr is seeking motivated and experienced engineers to join our small but growing team of focused, dedicated and passionate technologists who thrive using a variety of tools to build the future of Retail Intelligence Technology and crowd-based data collection services that will be used by some of the world’s biggest retailers and consumer packaged goods companies to make strategic decisions about their business.
You will be building out the Streetspotr platform, developing new dashboards and scaling our API to meet growing customer demand. This will be a cross-functional backend role where you’ll get a chance to work on our mobile app API, our backend data platform, and our enterprise dashboard.
Primarily, this will involve using Rails and associated technologies. Our technology stack for the backend is: Ruby on Rails, Go, MySQL, mongodb, Redis, Sidekiq running on an AWS infrastructure. You will be expected to contribute to the product both from the technical development of it but also from the steering of its capabilities to meet customer and strategic needs.
About you• 4+ years in a professional software engineering environment
• 4+ years in database experience, including MySQL, Redis and NoSQL databases
• Extensive experience supporting an entire stack built with rails
• You have strong competencies in data structure, algorithms, and software design and you write clean code
• You have a solid understanding of TDD, and you are experienced with at least one testing framework
• You have worked on one or two larger web applications and have first hand experience with the growing pains that come with them
• You have experience with distributed version control systems, preferably Git
• You have strong knowledge in API Design and Development
• Fluent in german or english
Bonus points for• Analytics platform development
• Geospatial applications
• Applied machine learning
• AWS experience, particularly AWS datastore technologies
Why work with us• Win with us with our stock options program and get a competitive salary
• Leave your footprint when we disrupt the retail world
• A fun team to work with
• Use state-of-the-art technologies and benefit from a fun team to work with, flat hierarchies, fast decisions, self-determination and start-up atmosphere at its best
• You get to choose you own hardware setup
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV, and tell us why you think you are a good fit at email@example.com.