Mobisol is a leading German company for Solar Home Systems (SHS) dedicated to delivering a clean, affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households living without access to reliable energy. Mobisol products combine solar energy with innovative mobile technology and microfinance. Mobisol is currently serving over 20.000 system installations in Tanzania and Rwanda and is in a rapid scaling phase with the goal to reach hundreds of thousands of households – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection.
RubyOnRails / Backend Software Developer (m/f)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Full time, indeterminate, as soon as possible
Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale and is looking for an experienced RubyOnRails / backend Software Developer to enhance our highly motivated team in Berlin.
- Building scalable and state of the art backend applications preferably with RubyOnRails
- Developing powerful database algorithms
- Designing and implementing APIs for mobile clients
- In-depth understanding of high level software mechanisms and best practices
- Profound understanding of software architecture and design
- Strong problem solving, trouble-shooting skills
- Good team worker with intercultural skills who shares our motivation to drive a solar revolution
- Affinity to the *nix based software development methodologies is highly desired
- Experience in developing on RubyOnRails platform is a plus
- Understanding of current database engines and their underlying philosophies is a plus
- Working language is English, however, German skills would be considered as an asset.
- Contribute to Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world and do something really meaningful
- Be part of a great team of people who combine professional expertise with personal passion (and we have cool team events)
- Opportunity to grow with the company and become involved in the global roll-out of Mobisol
- Highly dynamic international environment in our newly refurbished office in the mid of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways to do things - your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
- A benefit package including company sponsored insurances, vouchers, car sharing arrangement etc.
- High flexibility in working hours
We are looking forward to receive your application until 20.08.2015 (letter of motivation, cv, references, salary expectation) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RubyOnRails/Backend Developer“. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Skalitzer Str. 85-86