Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Engineer
jobandtalent - Madrid (Spain)
Who are we?
We will change forever the way people find the job they love. Job search sucks. We are turning around the industry by matching people with relevant jobs automatically so they will never miss a great job opportunity again.
We recently raised a further $25M from top VC investors to accelerate our growth and global expansion further.
jobandtalent is growing, and it’s growing fast. We already have over four million users, and we are aiming for 10 million users worldwide, by the end of the year.
How we work
At jobandtalent we strive to create a work environment based on trust, transparency, team collaboration and continuous improvement of our collective skill set.
We like building things and solving problems. And we try very hard to provide the best tools and environment to solve those problems.
Our teams are small, multidisciplinary, and product focused. We take a very lean approach at improving jobandtalent and achieving our goals. We keep bureaucracy out of the equation and always choose metrics-backed decisions.
How we have fun
A great working environment and how well we get along is what everybody notices when they first come into our offices.
And we want to keep it that way as we grow as a company: by organizing regular team events, including yearly offsites (last one in Marbella); hosting our increasingly common Pizza Fridays or setting up and supporting The JT Football Teams.
But basically we have fun every day, enjoy our work, and add fun as a factor to everything we do.
Who are you?
We‘re looking for people with:
• 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development.
• At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications.
• BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience.
And this skill set would make you an ideal candidate:
• You’re a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the job (we like Ruby, Go, Scala, Erlang, …).
• You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments.
• You are very familiar with relational databases and modelling (we use and love Postgres). You “respect” them at scale and cache everything.
• You’ve used non relational (NoSQL) databases or at least they are on your radar (we use Redis and DynamoDB).
• You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at jobandtalent.
If you are interested in working with us, please email us your CV at email@example.com