For our expanding development team we’re currently looking for hiring
- a Junior Ruby on Rails Backend Developer
- a Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Developer
You are an experienced problem solver who is passionate about building a great product. You are fun to work with and like our transparent and cooperative style of programming. Then join our team to take the jovoto platform to the next level.
jovoto enables large brands to brainstorm at scale and solve product design and innovation challenges with 62.000+ creative professionals globally. The scale of projects range from working with a few hundred curated talents under NDA to foster innovation by large scale creative conversations involving broad public audiences while turning the creative challenge itself into a media event. To date jovoto has worked with more than 100,000 creative talents and successfully organized more than 300 challenges for large brands. jovoto was founded in Berlin at the University of Arts in 2007.
We are a small but passionate team based in Berlin, Germany and Silicon Valley, California. We focus on supporting our community of creatives, developing the platform, and helping our clients design successful crowdstorm initiatives.
- You will develop and implement new features working independently and in small teams.
- You will help improve and develop new code within this agile work environment and maintain our existing codebase.
- You will become part of a team of committed developers while at the same time individually enhancing specific parts of the jovoto platform
You are a developer dedicated to best practices and good code – an educational background in the field of Information Technology or similar is desirable, although passionate career changers are also welcome.
- You have gained hands on experience working in one or more Rails projects for more than 3 years.
- You share our passion for the Ruby programming language, but like eventually hacking coffee script and advanced SQL as well.
- You enjoy working as part of a team.
- You have experience working in an open source project using Git and continuous integration testing
- Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- jquery, coffeescript, knockout.js / backbone.js / angular.js
- SASS, ZURB foundation
- rspec, capybara
- mysql & redis
- AWS Opsworks, S3, Cloudfront
- Linux Server, Chef, HAProxy, Apache, memcached
Your knowledge in the following areas is additionally welcome:
- CouchDB / MongoDB
- Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Facebook SDK
If you seek to work in a friendly and supportive environment with a high performance culture and many learning opportunities while earning an above market standard salary, then we are looking for you!
Go ahead and sign up on www.jovoto.com, have a look around and find out what jovoto is all about.
Forward your application, including your CV, cover letters and your github profile to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!