Founded in 2011, Wimdu has quickly developed to be Europe’s leading marketplace for private accommodation. Located in the heart of Berlin, Wimdu not only offers an exciting locale but the opportunity for unlimited potential and job stability within a rapidly expanding company. With the backing of our diverse team consisting of 250 employees spanning 27 nationalities, Wimdu is successfully supporting an ever-increasing user base with the knowledge and expertise of our world class employees.
Together we are building solutions every day to enhance the user experience and offer an authentic travel experience for those looking for a smart alternative to hotels. With a strong vision Wimdu is now looking for the most motivated of people who can join our innovative team to create something remarkable!
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f)
For one of our development teams we’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer. You will help your team deliver robust and high quality features to directly improve our customers’ satisfaction. You are a creative, hands-on, innovative problem solver with the vision to help us define the future of Wimdu. You, of course, are fun to work with, and a perfect fit for our culture.
• Independently develop and implement new features which will appear on 45 domains worldwide and be used by hundreds of thousands of users
• Help improve and develop new code within this agile and fast paced work environment
• Maintain the existing codebase
• Become part of a dynamic team of first class developers while at the same time individually enhancing your part of the Wimdu platform
• First and foremost, you are a zealous developer – an educational background in the field of Information Technology or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome
• You have gained hands-on experience working in one or more Rails Projects for at least 4 years
• You are a passionate Ruby code writer
• You are open, communicative and enjoy working as part of a team
• You ideally have experience working in an open source project
If you seek to work in a friendly and supportive environment with a high performance culture and many learning opportunities, then we are looking for you! Based in Berlin, you will be a part of the development and engineering team and your work will directly influence Wimdu´s worldwide success.
We offer international start-up spirit based in the heart of Germany's capital. Monthly events, a chilled-out work environment and fresh drinks and fruits will enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team. Of course you will be able to choose your OS freely, while working with up to date equipment. Besides work we offer sports activities, such as beach volleyball, dodge ball, football and running. In addition, there is always a reason for a little party here at Wimdu.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
Please forward your application, including CV, cover letter and relevant coding samples (e.g. on Github).
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Wimdu GmbH |Voltastraße 5| 13355 Berlin http://www.wimdu.com/| www.wimdu.com/jobs