We're looking for a motivated Rails developer that can help us build the best Fitness experience possible. We want to change the way people do workouts by giving them instant Feedback while they working out, and provide them with extremely detailed information on our web platform.
We are an exciting start-up based in Berlin, building specialised visualisation and analysis software for the new and thrilling field of Kinect-based motion data for fitness training.
We are completely backed by amazing VC investors from California and we are already supplying our stations to one of the biggest fitness chains in Germany and to other customers around the world. We are currently scaling up to deploying hundreds of hardware stations per month. We have a small, but world-class team of experienced software engineers.
Our work has been recognised with the innovation award at FIBO, the leading international trade show for fitness, wellness and health in Europe.
You would join our Backend Team and help us build, improve, scale, test and maintain our Backend system which is the central piece of our product. This is the part of our product where all the data gets processed (both, from the Hardware-Stations and the Frontend which is build in AngularJS and NodeJS). All our communication from and to these parts is done via RESTful API.
Our technology stack for the backend is: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Git, Heroku, Codeship (for continuous integration).
- You have 2+ years of professional experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- You have a working experience with SQL and you are familiar with RDMS (preferably PostgreSQL)
- You have a solid understanding of TDD, and you are experienced with at least one testing framework (preferably RSpec)
- You are familiar with cloud hosting services (namely Heroku)
- You give a lot of importance to the quality and modularity of your code
- Having an experience with web applications performance analysis and improvement is a plus
- Being passionate about your profession is one of the main things we are looking for in a developer
- You have strong competencies in data structure, algorithms, and software design
- You should be motivated to constantly improve yourself and learning new technologies and techniques
Why work with us
We are a small team of ~15 people, but we want to grow without growing too fast, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A fun team to work with, and flat hierarchies
- Regular company events with the whole team (movie nights with beer and chips, bowling, dinners, Biergarten, …)
- You get to choose you own hardware setup
- An international team, with english as the office language
- An office in the heart of Berlin
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and tell us why you think you are a good fit at firstname.lastname@example.org