Software Engineer Team Lead / Payfriendz Ltd.
Shoreditch, London, United Kindom
What is Payfriendz?
Payfriendz facilitates payments between friends. Sending money using the app is as simple and convenient as a WhatsApp message and transforms a simple everyday action into a truly social experience.
Your Payfriendz account enables you to send money to and receive payments from your friends in real-time even when you’re not together. What is more you can request money specifically from those people who always “forget” their wallet when you’re out at the pub or the cinema.
Top up your account by using a credit or debit card and you’re all set; or alternatively skip that and try requesting money from somebody who already owes you. You can withdraw funds to your bank account or even shop online using the integrated virtual Payfriendz MasterCard. Money can be sent across currencies as well.
What can I expect?
You will be part of a dedicated team that works together in a fast-paced environment to provide our clients with the best possible service. As a member of the Payfriendz team, we ask for your commitment in delivering outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In addition, we expect your personal accountability in all the products, actions, advice and results that you provide as a representative of Payfriendz. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn, grow, and broaden both your ability and potential.
We strive to provide a relaxed and friendly environment free from restrictive processes, bureaucracy and politics; a place where everyone is free to excel in their work and take pride in meeting objectives as a team. We offer flexibility in work hours and encourage that work be a fun and social activity where people perform because they're proud of their talents and free to use them to their utmost.
We attract talented individuals who thrive on interesting and challenging work and are offering a unique opportunity to work on leading mobile and internet technologies on a scale unavailable elsewhere in the United Kingdom. You will learn skills that are a highly tradable commodity internationally.
Apart from the usual, our team enjoys attending the occasional Ping Pong Fight Club or Beer Pong Battle, rowing down the River Thames, running around London in gorilla (and banana) suits, the odd game of Eton Fives (YouTube it) and combing the streets of Shoreditch for the best street food!
What are the perks of working at Payfriendz?
You will be working alongside a diverse, vibrant, agile and committed team with the perfect mix of industry experience and creative spark. Each department works closely in unison and help is on hand whenever required. We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Team Lead who reports directly to the management board. The person is in charge of defining and implementing the whole Payfriendz business logic system architecture. Applicants should be capable of managing and building a team. They should be open minded, writing clean and secure code, have a passion for incremental code improvements, be familiar with agile development techniques, be extremely practical, open to learning and prepared to fulfil a product owner role. The ideal candidate should have good time and self management skills and be able maintain constant focus on the overall project status.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Build up a new core development team in Shoreditch, London, UK
- Remotely manage our existing development resources in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Lead architectural discussions and decisions across our entire operations
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team and in constant communication with the business
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Assist the support team to resolve technical and application problems
Desired qualities, behaviors and skills:
- 8+ years experience as a Software Developer
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Experience leading a team using agile methodologies (Scrum Master certification is a plus)
- Analytical, logical and methodical approach with good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of múltiple programming languages (at least Ruby & Java)
- Experience in relational databases & strong SQL knowledge
- Extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge in mobile technologies/app development is a plus
- Knowledge in OTP and the financial industry
Start date: January 2015
You’re interested in a great challenge and a unique chance? We are looking forward to your job application. Please send your documents in a digital format (PDF) to email@example.com (ask for Michael or Volker) or get directly in touch with us!
Cheers, Team Payfriendz
Payfriendz Ltd. • @SecondHome • 68 Hanbury St. • London E1 5JL