What we do: We are an innovative Singapore based SaaS (Software as a Service) Company aimning to disrupt the automotive retail software business. We develop a new eco-system for automotive dealers to connect customers, dealers as well as manufacturer. Driven by our mission to help automotive dealers grow their business, the company develops an industry-leading technology platform to revolutionize the way dealerships add value to their customer experience. Founded beginning 2014 the company closed his first founding end of 2014 and is now looking to grow especially on the tech side in 2015.
Who we are: An experienced team of entrepreneurs from top leading enterprises (Porsche, BMW & Microsoft) with diverse international backgrounds founded Aureso. We have acquired our first partnerships with Porsche, one of the top international automotive manufacturers, and we are in discussions with further leading premium manufacturers.
The role: Our team is looking to hire a strong battle-tested developer with experience building, shipping, and supporting well-architected enterprise class SaaS solutions in the modern hybrid-cloud multiverse. Looking for this individual to help define and revise architecture direction, provide thought leadership to core development team, and own overall code quality for the product. This role will be filled with opportunities to both define the multi-tier architecture and also go forth and build necessary key components of it. The core development team will be comprised of one or more distributed software vendor teams of specialists handling various product areas including the core data model tier work, middle tier data access elements, and iOS/Android/web experiences.
Position is location independent with the understanding that the mission and vision of the venture will be forthrightly on the Singapore based founders' minds at all times. Occasional travel may be necessary and will be coordinated as needed to share face to face time at key points within the venture. The ideal candidate should be excited by the opportunity to build a disruptive cloud based service that will fundamentally change for the better the day to day lives of an industry. The candidate needs to be highly self-motivated, delivery-oriented, and capable of driving a project and a development team from vision to realization. Results-oriented free thinkers with ability to socialize and drive their ideas into the technology are highly desired!
- 6+ years of proven experience building and shipping de-coupled cloud based services
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field highly desired, MS or PhD is a plus
- Experience with general-purpose software technologies: XML/JSON, HTTP/REST/sockets networking, UI frameworks, etc.
- Experienced lead with proven capability to grow talent and influence peers
- An interminable obsession with quality
- Keen interest in user experience and can innovate to conquer large technical projects
- Agile product development ninja that keeps what works and discards what doesn’t
- Strong problem solving skills and sound coding skills
- Ability to think long term, while delivering short term milestones to deliver incrementally towards long-term business and technical objectives
Highly Valued Additional Skills
- Experience supporting a global cloud based service, ITIL experience is a plus
- In the face of ambiguity, pins the purple unicorn’s tail on the binary donkey and continues to be consumed by quality
- Great communication skills and working with geo-distributed teams
- Design, develop, and ship innovative new user experiences for the automotive retail industry (and beyond)
- Assist in monitoring the production service to ensure rock-solid reliability and performance
- Provide thought leadership, mentorship, and technical direction to vendor-based software engineering team(s)
- Launch software products into the world!
- Become a core team member of the Start Up team
- Smart, friendly coworkers who work together. We want to teach you what we know and learn from you what we don't.
- Ground floor access to shape the future of a disruptive software product.
- Great personal development opportunities
- A great office space in a nice shop house in downtown Singapore as a workspace
- Start: As soon as possible