Our client specializes in solving complex technical problems in the film and TV broadcasting industries by creating value through the manual & automatic curation of hidden content in archives, studios and broadcasting businesses generating new revenue streams for our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential.
We are seeking Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with 5+ years of RoR development experience to work at our clients Berlin office.
• Ownership and responsibility for major aspects of product functionality from back-end algorithms to front-end user experience.
• Work closely with stakeholders and peers to develop software that meets the business objectives of the organization.
• Make significant contributions to ensure a cohesive and integrated team, defining and advocating engineering best practices.
• Writing superb code and associated unit/acceptance tests.
• Think about how you can best tailor a user experience, but you must also be capable of creating highly scalable infrastructure.
• Minimum of 4+ years of RoR development experience.
• You must be a creative and proactive problem-solver, who writes efficient and maintainable code.
• Experience building high-throughput distributed systems using service bus and messaging platforms.
• Deep understanding of developing and integrating with REST APIs.
• Understanding of Agile principles and practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
• Experience with workflow systems.
• Experience with cloud-based offerings (Amazon EC2, Heroku, etc.)
• Experience with Github
• Experience with digital media tools and technologies (streaming, transcoding, audio analysis, image processing)
Our client accepts international applications and offers Visasponsoring.