algrano is a global startup based in Switzerland. We are developing an online platform which aims to empower coffee producers by allowing them to market their coffees directly to coffee roasters worldwide. The project was kickstarted by the Startup Chile program in November 2013 and it was recently selected for the Startup Brasil program. The team is planning to relocate to Brazil early 2014 for this one-year acceleration program.
We are three Swiss longterm friends who left their jobs to launch algrano one year ago. We are fully motivated and have big ambitions for algrano.
What we offer
- diversified job within a young, dynamic and down to earth startup team.
- personal development perspectives in a promising global startup
- flexible work hours and travel possibilities:
- Nov-Dec: home office.
- From January 2015: home office possible but ideally moving to Brazil with the team for 3-4 months or more.
- freelance contract in a first step, with possibility to join the team as a full time employee
Skills & requirements
- Proven experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Test Unit frameworks such as RSpec
- Knowledge of RoR deployment with tools such as Capistrano
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Solid teamwork and communication skills - must be a team-player and self starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Systems administration, deploying and managing Rails applications on Linux based environments
- Previous open source experience is preferred, please provide us with your github username
- Web application to be built using Rails 4
- Twitter Bootstrap (will consider alternatives including Foundation if you provide rationale)
- Haml/Sass or ERB/LESS
- Devise (or alternative authentication framework)
- TDD using rspec / capybara
- Git versioning
- short iterations
- frequent delivery
- Kanban - Trello
Freelance (we are not looking for a company)
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume, portfolio, references, github account, Stack Overflow account, .... to firstname.lastname@example.org