We are Wimdu, an awesome start-up with headquarters in the heart of Berlin! Initially funded with $90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 300,000 properties in over 100 countries, connecting guests and hosts worldwide. We are on track to become Europe’s leading marketplace for private accommodation, offering an authentic travel experience for those looking for a smart alternative to hotels. Wimdu has the vision, the passion and the drive to succeed and we are now looking for motivated people to join our multi-talented, international team to make it happen!
Do you fancy a challenge and love working on consumer-based products? Are you passionate about software development? If so, join our great team and become part of our ongoing success! For one of our development teams we’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer. You will help your team deliver robust and high quality features to directly improve our customer’s satisfaction. You are a creative, hands-on, innovative problem solver with the vision to help us define the future of Wimdu. You of course, are fun to work with and a perfect fit for our culture.
For one of our development teams we’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer. You will help your team deliver robust and high quality features to directly improve our customer’s satisfaction. You are a creative, hands-on, innovative problem solver with the vision to help us define the future of Wimdu. You of course, are fun to work with and a perfect fit for our culture.
• You will independently develop and implement new features which will appear on 45 domains worldwide and be used by hundreds of thousands of users
• You will help improve and develop new code within this agile and fast paced work environment
• Maintain the existing codebase
• You will become part of a dynamic team of first class developers while at the same time individually enhancing your part of the Wimdu platform
• First and foremost, you are a zealous developer (m/f) – an educational background in the field of Information Technology or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome
• You have gained hands on experience working in one or more Rails Projects for at least 4 years
• You are a passionate Ruby code writer
• You are open, communicative and enjoy working as part of a team
• You have experience working in an open source project
Our Offer: If you seek to work in a friendly and supportive environment with a high performance culture and many learning opportunities, then we are looking for you! Based in Berlin, you will be a part of the development and engineering team and your work will directly influence Wimdu´s worldwide success.
We offer international start-up-spirit based in the heart of Germany's capital. Monthly Events, a chilled-out work environment and fresh drinks and fruits will enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team. Of course you will be able to choose your OS freely, while working with up to date equipment. Besides work we offer sports activities, such as beach volleyball, dodge ball, football and running. In addition, there is always a reason for a little party here at Wimdu.
Excited by the prospect of joining us? Please forward your application, including CV, cover letter and github profile via the application link. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Wimdu GmbH | Voltastraße 5 | 13355 Berlin http://www.wimdu.com/| www.wimdu.com/jobs