Chief Architect (m/f) / Wimdu GmbH
Founded in 2011, Wimdu has quickly developed to be Europe’s leading marketplace for private accommodation. Located in the heart of Berlin, Wimdu not only offers an exciting locale but the opportunity for unlimited potential and job stability within a rapidly expanding company. With the backing of our diverse team consisting of 250 employees spanning 27 nationalities, Wimdu is successfully supporting an ever-increasing user base with the knowledge and expertise of our world class employees.
Together we are building solutions every day to enhance the user experience and offer an authentic travel experience for those looking for a smart alternative to hotels. With a strong vision Wimdu is now looking for the most motivated of people who can join our innovative team to create something remarkable!
We are looking for a Chief Architect, who will work across the entirety of our product with ambitious colleagues in a challenging environment, and help develop our IT team both technically and professionally. You will be responsible for the technical overview and must be willing to take a leadership position over the entire IT team. In addition, you must be an agreeable co-worker and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial company. Of course, you must also be a creative, hands-on, innovative problem solver with the vision to help us define the future of Wimdu.
- Conception and planning of Software and System Architecture
- Initiative to work in a pair programming manner
- Work across our IT teams, while developing and maintaining software architecture
- Independently develop and implement new features that will appear on 45 domains worldwide with more than 300,000 offers.
- Improve and develop new codes within an agile and fast paced work environment
- A zealous developer who holds a strong background in the field of Information Technology
- Experience using genuine Agile methodologies for no less than 2 years
- Knowledge of software testing concepts and practices
- You have gained hands on experience working on one or more Rails Projects
- You are a passionate Software and System architect for a minimum 3 years
- You are open, communicative and enjoy working as part of a team
- You have experience working on an open source project
Wimdu offers a friendly and supportive environment with a high performance culture that offers many learning opportunities. Based in Berlin, you will be a part of the development and engineering team. Most importantly, your work will directly influence Wimdu’s worldwide success!
Our casual, relaxed work environment includes complimentary soft drinks and fruit that will enrich your days while working a part of our fantastic team. In addition, you will be able to choose your OS freely, while working with up-to-date equipment. Besides work, we offer several monthly events, summer and winter parties and sports activities, such as beach volleyball, dodge ball, football and running.
Please forward your application, including CV, cover letter and github profile by clicking the following link: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=owHcZfw8&s=railsjob
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Wimdu GmbH |Voltastraße 5| 13355 Berlin