Ruby Web Development Magician (m/f) for a New FinTech Venture
HitFox is a fast growing and profitable company builder committed to grow scalable technology companies in the fields of Big Data, Advertising & Game Distribution. New ventures receive initial funding of up to 2 Million Euros and profit from strong synergies within the group and strong relations for further growth funding. HitFox puts a strong focus on professional and personal growth opportunities and continuously attracts the best tech, data and business talents from all over the world. The company is located in Berlin, San Francisco and Seoul, and was founded by serial entrepreneurs Jan Beckers, Hanno Fichtner and Tim Koschella in 2011.
Who are we looking for? – Talented people with a constant drive to unleash their potential.
Your Role:- You are responsible for the backend infrastructure, the backend itself and the UI/UX
- You lead a small team of specialists
- You create, develop and maintain backend services, coordinate internal and external designers and match requirements with business/product development and product roadmap
- You set up deployment infrastructures, server environments and testing infrastructure and you maintain and improve them
- You take ownership over specific components and continuously work to improve them.
- You are proactive and pay attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- You take responsibility to ensure successful results
- You stay on top of current industry trends
Our Requirements:- You bring 5+ years of relevant working experience within the field of web development and software engineering
- Excellent knowledge of backend development and technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala and node.js
- Excellent knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration, Capistrano, Passenger, unicorn, nginx, chef
- Prior experience with source control tools - Git, Github - Experience in Agile development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to work in a team environment, planning software architecture and infrastructure, support development team
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international environment
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- Master or Bachelor Degree of one of the leading universities, with focus on information systems, computer science, business administration or other related fields
- Our applicants are usually in the top 10-20% of their academic or professional peer group
What do we offer?- You experience profit from working with Serial Entrepreneurs who co-founded over 10 successful companies
- You get a rewarding career where you continuously grow in a performance driven culture
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- You get access to a well-established network in Berlin’s start-up scene
- You have the opportunity to attend German classes and numerous events
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package and much more - You work in the start-up centre of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
Interested? - Submit your CV along with your Git account and relevant University/working documents online.