We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to help us build a state-of-the-art market intelligence platform for the global mobile app economy.
You will be joining our team of developers and data scientists to develop and bring to life exciting new products based on Big Data solutions for the mobile app market. You will be working with the latest technology stack like BigQuery from Google and creating cloud distributed solutions on AppEngine.
If you like working with data, enjoy building applications which organize and display information, have a knack for automating processes, and are motivated by learning new things, this role is for you!
PRIORI DATA, a Berlin-based app store data and analytics provider, is building the premier information services platform for mobile industry professionals and analysts.
The Company has amassed one of the largest databases of app information outside of the major app stores, and is tracking the performance of more than 2 million apps and 300 thousand publishers across 30 countries on a daily basis.
PRIORI DATA recently launched the first version of its platform, PRIORI DATA PRO, which aims to deliver a strategic 360° perspective of the app economy. The platform consolidates tools and analytics, such as real-time trend detection, comprehensive app and publisher performance data, benchmarking capabilities against key competitors and the broader market, with the best qualitative insights from leading journalists, bloggers, and research outlets.
- Work together with the product, data, and existing developer teams to create new web applications visualizing app data
- Write creative scraping/web crawling solutions
- Create and maintain RESTful APIs based on our data warehouse, which contains billions of records Take part in researching and choosing new technologies that enable us to push boundaries in the mobile app data domain
- Experience in agile product development
- Demonstrated proficiency in Ruby on Rails software development framework as well as RESTful API development
- Demonstrated proficiency with front-end technologies (HTML5, CSS3, SASS/SCSS, jQuery, CoffeeScript, Haml)
- Experience with key-value storage databases like Redis is a plus
- Basic understanding of Big Data technologies (NoSQL, BigQuery, Hadoop) is a plus
- Experience in Python software development language is a big plus
- Competitive Salary
- Participation in Employee Stock Option Plan
- Freedom of technical decision-making
- A friendly, creative, and flat work environment
- Flexible vacation policy
- A young and easy-going international team with diverse professional backgrounds
- Cool loft office in lively district Berlin-Mitte.
We look forward to receiving your complete application with github account info, your salary expectations, and your earliest possible starting date, via email to email@example.com.