Clue is a 10-person startup based in Berlin. Our product is a fertility tracking app for women and our vision is to bring a data-driven approach to reproductive health. Check out some of our recent press coverage in GigaOm and The New York Times.
We're searching for a backend engineer to take a leadership role in building the API / web backend for our iOS and Android apps. If you love the early days of startups, when everyone is a generalist and every day is about getting things done, you'll love it here at Clue.
Some things you'll be doing:
- Design, build, and operate a web backend for the Clue mobile apps.
- Make technical decisions about technology stack (e.g. Ruby+Postgres, Go+Redis, etc).
- Work closely with iOS and Android client developers.
- Collaborate with the team on questions like mobile syncing architecture.
- Design and document a clean API.
- Design and manage the database schema.
- Select and manage vendors for backend infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Heroku, Pingdom, PagerDuty).
- Be a technical leader to inspire and guide other engineers on the team, including helping with future hiring.
Make no mistake, we are in a world of pink body parts, but that does not make us love pink and pastels. We are modern, sexy, confident and scientific.
This is a full-time position working from our Kreuzberg office in Berlin. We have an international team and can help you with the visa process if necessary.
If interested, please drop us a short note about yourself, why you're interested in Clue, and a link to your Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or technical blog: firstname.lastname@example.org